Sunday, November 30, 2008

Early Christmas Present






Well....The boys received an early Christmas present yesterday. I'm really thinking I had a temporary loss of sanity when the thought crossed my mind that a puppy would be a good idea. But the time has come and the puppy is here. Just to give you a little background on "CHAMP", he's a "love puppy". His mother is a yellow lab and Papa is presumed to be a Golden Retriever. Mom got loose when she was in heat, dug under the fence and had a little fling with the neighborhood dog. The owner couldn't track down the dog's owners, so we got a great mix for a great price. That's the part I like the most. He has a nice disposition it seems at this point. He's a lot like the boys when they were three. The more tired he gets the more crazy out of control he becomes. I have to say...he knows who the "Alpha Dog" is. And it isn't me.  : )

Champ comes from a litter of 7 and was named "Pudge" before we brought him home. The owners took a liking to him, and he earned that name because he is the biggest of the bunch. He was 15.4 lbs. at his first vet visit. He tackles the bowl like its going to run away from him. Kinda like Jacob & Alex tackled the brownies I just made. No weigh-ins tomorrow. : )

We'll keep you posted on "Champ" short for Champion Montes. 

No comments: