Saturday, October 25, 2008

Carving Pumpkins



Carving pumpkins has become one of our family tradition. It's something that I have fond memories of and wanted to keep the tradition going. I remember mentioning the idea to Carlos of carving our Jack-O-Lantern early on in our time together. I believe he thought I was joking, but once he saw it wasn't a joke, he embraced it. I have to say that he probably enjoyed it the most this year, since outside of cutting the top off of the pumpkin. Jacob and Alex carved the pumpkin themselves. Yes we have a two sided pumpkin. It sits on the front steps and each day I turn it so each face gets equal display time. We still believe that you need to come up with the face yourself and then carve away. I know they have some really cool patterns to follow, but where's the fun in that. Happy Carving!

PS. For those that didn't notice those are our pumpkins in the banner!

No comments: