Monday, April 27, 2009

It Wasn't Me!


I really wish I could say I was quick enough to pull the phone out and take a picture in the middle of Lowe's, but I wasn't it. It was such a classic picture I don't think I will ever forget the look on his face. But when it initially happened, I wasn't thinking how much I would look back on this and find total humor. I was furious with what we saw standing in the middle of the paint isle.

Imagine Alex, standing with hands covered in white paint(not a little...a lot), a upside down gallon of paint with every ounce of paint that once was housed inside, covering Lowe's floor. As we approached he tried desperately to pick up the lid only covering him in more paint, as well as allowing him to step in the paint and track it everywhere.

The gentleman that worked there was very kind, and thanked us for not just leaving it and walking away. My response to him was that he could have followed the shoe prints to the culprit. Yes, Alex made his way to the bathroom shoeless to wash his hands, while I tackled the shoes in the woman's bathroom. I really think there should be a reality book you read before you even consider becoming a parent. Not that it would matter, because you know... "Those things will never happen to me!"

No comments: